Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monk set idea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuli

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2009, 02:57

An idea for a set for high level monks...

The Contemplative Set

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek; and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

Usable by: Monk, Lawful

Orderly Robes
Robes
+8 armor bonus to ac
Immunity: Knockdown
Haste
Freedom
DR 40/- Slashing
+10 discipline
+3 fortitude saves
+10 regeneration

Pensive Boots
Boots
+6 dodge bonus to ac
Immunity: Sneak Attack
DR 25/- fire
DR 25/- cold
Bonus feat: Spring Attack
+3 reflex saves

Helm of Contemplation
Helm
+5 deflection bonus to ac
+6 wisdom
+6 intelligience
DR 25/- Negative Energy
+20 concentration
+3 will saves
Time Stop 3/day
Word of Faith 3/day

Cloak of Insight
Cloak
+6 dexterity
Immunity: Death Magic
DR 40/- piercing
+20 listen
Protection from alignment unlimited uses
Aura vs alignment 3/day

Modest Belt
Belt
DR 40/- bludgeoning
Bonus feat: Epic Weapon Specialization (unarmed strike)
Bonus Feat: Overwhelming Critical (unarmed strike)
regeneration +10
Bigby's Interposing Hand 3/day
Mass Heal 3/day

Set Bonus: +6 strength, +6 constitution, +6 charisma, DR 25/- acid, DR 25/- electricity, DR 25/- sonic, Immunity to spells level 6 or lower, True Seeing

I didn't include a weapon so that monks can choose between weapons and gloves without interfering with set (tho the belt rewards monks who stick with gloves Very Happy).

Nuli

Last edited by Nuli on Mon Feb 02 2009, 02:47; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
tomcat

tomcat

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2009, 14:41

Well that would make it equivalent to the pally and rusty set. I think i like it considering the monks relatively low amount of item choices once they are that high up.
Back to top Go down
werehound

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 23:21

I really like this, however, instead of seeing Power word stun on the ring, I'd like to see Bigby's Interposing Hand... most monsters are immune to mind spells and stun attacks higher up, which is what this set seems to ahve been designed for.
Back to top Go down
Nuli

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2009, 08:18

werehound wrote:
I really like this, however, instead of seeing Power word stun on the ring, I'd like to see Bigby's Interposing Hand... most monsters are immune to mind spells and stun attacks higher up, which is what this set seems to ahve been designed for.

Good point, I changed it.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
werehound

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 02:14

After playing with 4 different monk builds levels 1-60 on KT, I've decided that I don't like the set the way it is... I'd Rather see the armor be an amulet, the ring be a belt, and the damage resistance on the helm Be Negative, Positive, or Divine.... 25 magic isnt enough, and the 40 you get from the epic magic resistance ring is crucial. Not to mention one of your ring slots is already taken up, which you could use for 100% fire immune, or timestop/timestop immunity. By Chagning the armor to an amulet it would be a little weaker than a Rusty amulet, and have the Monk-Only use, which opens up armor for something like the +10 AC Pirate Armor, and again, changin the ring to a belt would open up that crucial ring slot.

Took me 2 weeks to see what would be best suited and what is most needed. From those two weeks the stuff I just said seems to be the most crucial. I Can get those bonuses with Rusty cloak, belt of heroes(yes, i beat mistress XD), rusty helm, rusty amulet, pirate armor, Epic Ring of Magic Resistance, Gloves of Dex +8, Boots of the Wight, and some kamas... Granted the setup isnt quite as good as the set, and that makes sense, sinse the items i'm using have to requirements, so they are less specific and thus dont deserve such high bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Nuli

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 02:44

Ok I changed ring to a belt and updated the ability a little, and changed magic DR to negative on helm but monks gotta have a robe! Razz

Nuli
Back to top Go down
GammaGm

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 19:00

Not that I've played a monk... but doesn't all gear you find get donated if you join the good monk's guild?
Back to top Go down
Nuli

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 21:14

Yes, it does. This set would be for non order monks.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
Tyler Steele

Monk set idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monk set idea   Monk set idea Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 12:52

Here is an idea for a kama-
Ravens Claw-
2d12 piercing
10 magical damage
+10 enchantment
true strike 3/day
keen
on hit lvl 20

Here is an idea for monk gloves-
Blocking Hands-
2d12 Bludgeoning
15 positive