Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

an idea for a few weapons

Go down 
+2
Clive Forumposter
GPharaoh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

an idea for a few weapons Empty
PostSubject: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2008, 16:22

i have a few ideas about weapons...
i was thinking about:
a greataxe or warhammer with Balagarn's Iron Horn on hit,
a greatsword with hammer of the gods on hit called blessed hammer,
a scythe with flame strike on hit, 20positive and 20electric dmg called vortex
a whip with Searing Light on hit, 2d12magic and 20sonic dmg,
a whip with blind on hit, 25lvl unique power and 2d12 magic dmg called devil's might,
a kama with blind on hit, 25lvl unique power and 2d12 magic dmg called grief,
a kama with power word stun, 20divine dmg or 20positive dmg called fortitude, (divine coz you said yourself that divine is reserved for monks, pallys and clerics)

i was also thinking about an item that could upgrade negative positive and magic dmg on weapons... like holy egg but it drops only in d16
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2008, 18:18

They sound pretty awesome. Shame they would be way too powerful for KT.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2008, 08:38

On hit spells are very server intensive. I actually run "on hit" effects on most of the weapons, but it's my own custom programming that is heavily streamlined to avoid lag. More complicated spells would quickly bog the server down. I know of only one other weapon with a non-custom on hit effect, and that's Grimbold's Hammer. I figured with just one of those in the game, the server could handle it.
Back to top Go down
Wheatonrunner69
Admin
Wheatonrunner69

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2008, 11:55

Great ideas! Who knows, you may even see an item named after one of your suggestions in game!

Thanks for contributing,
-WR69
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2008, 14:35

I will try to implement item ideas, but keep in mind I developed a spreadsheet to calculate item levels. It's not something I arbitrarily do. The spreadsheet helps me ensure that all items of similar power are set for approximately the same level. In other words, you won't find a +12 enhancement on an item for level 1 players.

The best way to help me program an item into the game is to give me as much information as possible. That includes a list of the properties (+12 enhancement, immune to mind spells, etc). Make sure the properties are appropriate to the module (similar to other items of the level you have in mind). Also give me an item name and description (I prefer funny descriptions).

Speaking of funny items, has anyone found the Dead Fish yet?
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2008, 14:59

I have the fish... Its very silly. very effective too.
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 17:35

I would like to see a bow for arcane archers, similar to Infinty (makes its own ammo), but the ammo be an ordinary arrow to take advantage of the AA Enchant Arrow feat. Also to make the bow upgradable with gems to add a damage type.

Maybe throw in some bonus spell slots, spell focus feats or points into spellcraft to accent the "arcane" side the class.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 19:36

Bows are very limited in what they can do. A bow isn't like a melee weapon. For example, swords can have an enchantment that adds to both AB and damage. Bows are limited to AB bonuses only. Basically, a bow only is useful towards hitting the target. All damage effects (what happens after you hit) come from the ammunition.

There are some bows with unlimited ammunition, but the types of ammunition that can be added are very strictly limited. In other words, I can't make +20 unlimited arrows. I think the maximum plus is +5.

Sorry to say this, but bows are pretty poorly implemented, and there's not much I can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2008, 05:56

I know about the +5 cap on unlimited ammo, but this +5 superceded the arcane archers ability to enchant the arrow, because it is a magic (+5) arrow.

If the unlimited ammo was a mundane arrow then a level 29-30 arcane archer would be firing +15's In fact a level 11 or above arcane archer would be doing better with a mundane arrow than a +5...

I figured added enchantment and elemental damage to the bows would be pretty tricky, if not impossible, but its worth asking.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2008, 09:25

a double bladed sword called Kha's sword.
Back to top Go down
nafod2006

PostSubject: Divine Damage   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2012, 18:27

Hi Sarah,

Any chance of a one handed divine based weapon that's usable by non-paladins / CoT?

My barbarian is great fun to play when he's paired up with Divine Fury, unfortunately this means that he can't use the Barbarian Set or the Rusty Set as he can't wear the shield and because he's not a Paladin or Champion of Torm, he can't use Sword of the Spirit. As a result he tends to die a lot in Hell if attacked by 2 (or more) creatures. It would be nice if could wear a set (for the bonuses) and wield a weapon capable of Divine damage.

How about:
The Word of The Lord
"For the Word of the Lord is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing assunder of soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" Hebr 4:12

Dwarven Waraxe
+12
+20 Divine Damage
+20 Piercing Damage
Haste
Keen
+10 Initiative
On Hit Divine Damage Lvl 20 (Less than Divine Fury to make up for the benefit of wearing a shield)
Restrictions: Good. D15 boss killed

Thanks again for all the hours of entertainment you've given me.

Knights of the Round Table
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an idea for a few weapons   an idea for a few weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an idea for a few weapons
Page 1 of 1