Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Evil Spells...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSky

DarkSky

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2009, 15:10

I was in party with (El Gadardine) and I was getting evil points so I ask him what was the spell he was casting, he reply (destruction), why are these spells like destruction, harm etc not aloud to be used without giving evil points when you have the hammer in d2 that cast harm onhit that don't give evil points, and the mummy dust if used gives evil points but we can rent a mummy in d10.

Now that you are reworking the module will you return these things back the way they were before are leave them as is? Thank you.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28 2009, 12:19

I have a question or two please. . . Why was the spell "Magic Vestment" took away from a cleric? How are our toons going to make it if the main spells we use as a caster are took away? Or is it just a mistake? This is sad. Sad

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Rom

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 10:14

Dark-I checked my cleric last night and he still has "magic vestment" as a spell. Is your character bugged?
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 11:09

My cleric is not bugged, I was not the one that found out this spell did not work, Freeman was and ask me about it, I then got my cleric to test this out, yes the spell cast but it did NOT give us the buff from the spell "Maic Vestment", then El Gadardine tested and had the same thing happen. If it was a bug then 3 of us have. I will go on this morning and test again to see. Thank you for your reply Rom.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2009, 11:26

I tested "Magic Vestment" and it did not give me the +1 AC bonus per 3 caster levels maximum of 5 and she is (40). The spell cast but the AC did not improve.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Rom

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 10:22

Dark-I am glad your character can cast the spell. The spell description is for +1 every three levels up to a maximum of +5. If your character does not get +5 ac, then there is something wrong with the spell. I know that Sarah has not scaled the original spell to epic/legend levels yet; so if the spell works, the maximum is still +5.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 11:29

In the process of converting all the original spells into my own spell script, I noticed Magic Vestment did nothing. It cast the visual effect but did not add an AC bonus. Now I figured it out. It appears Bioware altered the spell in one of the expansion packs. They rewrote the original so it casts the visual effect and apparently ran a separate expansion pack spell script to add the AC bonus. I'm in the process of adding both the original and expansion pack coding (with KT variations) to the master KT spell script.

I also removed the evil alignment shift (next update). I still believe necromancy is an evil sort of thing, but I'm removing the shift for now. I may regret it later, but it's done. Perhaps I'll try something later where it will only shift you if you're a good caster. I simply don't think good casters should be raising undead, inflicting wounds, etc.

Speaking of inflicting wounds, I noted the inflict wounds spells are seriously underpowered. They'll be altered on par with the curing spells.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 15:08

Thank you for checking this out, and thank you for all the time you spend in toolset I know it can be a pain sometimes.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2009, 10:08

Added the update to no longer shift alignment when using necromancy. I also think the stores are working now. I'm trying to integrate rest areas into the dungeons, so that you might be attacked and you'll earn XP and loot for defending the area.
Back to top Go down
werehound

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 08:07

Alternatively, you could leave the alignment change in, but add spell bonuses to them. For instance, an additional +2 DC per spell focus feat in Necromancy(reaching +4 per feat total). Since evil level 60 casters do not have access to the white dragon, I think this is a good trade off. (Evil casters get stuck with the black dragon, which is 1/3 as good as the white dragon).
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 09:08

Be sure to let me know if any spells cause your alignment to shift. There are literally hundreds of spells, and I'm reworking them all. I'm pretty certain I no longer have any that cause the alignment shift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Evil Spells... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Spells...   The Evil Spells... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Evil Spells...
Page 1 of 1