Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glitch List

Go down 
+7
werehound
GPharaoh
joshandjenniferforever
Zog2
aztech63
Sarah the DM
Clive Forumposter
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

Glitch List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 16:26

The Celesti seems racist against elves...

Sometimes the celesti won't give out enough xp to get to the next level, instead giving about half of what is needed in smaller and smaller increments until you are one point off levelling then the amoutn of stored xp goes down by 1 but you don't gain any. This has happened on a few characters and now i think on it, I am sure that every one of them was an elf.

What is causing this? can it be fixed? has anyone experienced the same problem? if so was the character also of elven ethnicity?
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 19:51

Clive Forumposter wrote:
The Celesti seems racist against elves...
What is causing this? can it be fixed? has anyone experienced the same problem? if so was the character also of elven ethnicity?

I'm guessing it was due to your elf is multiclassing into a non-favoured (ie. non-wizard) class and having a discrepancy in class levels, so you're suffering the 20% exp penalty, or 40% for having 3 non-wizard classes at different levels

You may need to spend some time and (gasp) actually level up by killing monsters ...just heading to Celesti when you're in town to get a boost to experience.

The way I see it, there's usually little point in starting a (new) char at Lvl 40+ with banked experience, because you're going to have to run through all the dungeons to get the keys anyway ...and those who run through at Level 40 often spawn LOTS of mobs, and just run past and don't kill them ...causing lots of lag in the server.

I tend to start at about Level 3 ...which gives me a little boost in power, and makes more mobs spawn, so that I level up very fast, and in running through each dungeon to get the keys, I'll level up enough to be ready for the next dungeon right away, while leaving no spawns behind
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2008, 05:47

You may need to spend some time and (gasp) actually level up by killing monsters

OK, using the Celesti is NOT cheating. All of the XP stored I have earned by killing monsters. And just because I use it sometimes does not mean I use it all the time.

...and those who run through at Level 40 often spawn LOTS of mobs, and just run past and don't kill them.

Sweeping generalisation there. I, for one, do not run through and I have seen several other players do the same. The only times I don't kill my is if there is a low level player playing the same dungeon and they want the XP, but I always check with them first and more often than not, hang around and take over and/or rez if necessary and wait for them at the boss so we can both get the key.

But still my original point remains. The Celesti is not working properly. The multiclassing idea is a pretty good reason for it though.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2008, 18:28

Oops -- sorry about that post ...now that I read back over it it does sound like I'm accusing you of stuff.
You’re quite correct – using stored exp certainly is not cheating, I was just having a tongue-in-cheek smile that you may need to kill stuff to level up.

Was also (just now) wondering if would be possible to have the boss *not* spawn if there were too many mobs left alive in the dungeon?
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2008, 07:14

Despite what the Journal says, the Pirate Clerics in d13 continue to brazenly cast Heal
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26 2008, 19:29

I'll be going back over all of the glitches mentioned in this forum as soon as I have time. With the upcoming move to Japan, I'm pretty busy.
Back to top Go down
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24 2008, 05:22

What's the timer on flagging for thievery? I was killing reptilicus with my level 46 cleric, who happened to be a templar, when this butthole runs up and starts whacking on Reppy. I asked him nicely to stop, so he walks over (i noticed he was a rogue, so i had my inventory open watching my items) and PPs me. I WATCH (emphasis on WATCH, meaning i SAW it disappear) my "Nigel's Belt" disappear from my inventory, meaning it was the pick pocket attempt, it had to be.

Anyway, once i saw it disappear, i cast implode on this scoundrel thinking the theif would be brought to justice....

not so...

He died, i lost the belt, about 250k exp, and every item in my inventory, lost templar status, and was flagged for murder, yet when i checked him with the PC wand afterwards in the Hall of mirrors, he was still wanted.

Can't say this wasn't depressing, and I don't want to play a templar again, until I know this has been fixed, ideas?
Back to top Go down
SLM

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2008, 15:08

The mirror in janitors building works to port to other rest areas now BUT when you choose the option to port to The Red Dragon Inn it ports you out to the Templar Outpost instead.
Back to top Go down
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2009, 17:37

For some reason, during this instance, NPCs are arandomly attacking the hired help. cant talk to them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Liquid

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2009, 05:24

Barbarian rage seems to go away after some amount of HP are lost. I don't know if this is intentional (I doubt it).

I saw this mentioned in another thread about bard song, one person said the same thing, but another disagreed. I made a toon to see for myself.

I leveled a barbarian to 40 (in the end it was 28 barbarian 2 bard 10 rdd). Rage buffed an extra 300 hp or so, and once the hp was about the same amount under the normal max (say, 700/1000), the rage disappeared. All stat bonuses, AB bonuses, etc disappeared. This could happen in just a couple rounds, when rage normally lasts a few minutes.

This was the same for normal rage and mighty rage.
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 13:53

Agreed, barbarian rage goes away as soon as the temporary hit points it grants are lost. This has been this way since at least the item wipe.

Before that I seem to recall that the rage granted additional hitpoints and a stack to be used in DR. (hit for 100 damage, DR absorbs 30 points X points remaining, actual damage taken 70.) Been a long time, so i don't know what the actual reduction was, but I'm fairly sure it went like that,

And rage used to time out instead of being lost, I recall being able to get through d14 with 2 or 3 rages, now i'm lucky if i have any left by halfway.

It seemed like a better way, a raging barb wouldn't suddenly calm down just because you hit him with a axe a few times. Quite the opposite, I'd say....
Back to top Go down
Liquid

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 15:13

Yes I also noticed some amount of DR granted. However it seems to be able to be bypassed by some of the higher level creatures (I tested in the cave, where you can spawn monsters, sorry I forget what it's called). I'm guessing that means it's 10/+5 type of DR, not 10/-. Sometimes it stacked with normal barb DR, sometimes it didn't.
Back to top Go down
bhinkle973

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03 2009, 18:26

the other day i logged out to switch characters and when i got onto my other character i notcied my other guy was still standing at the outpost and hes almost like an npc you can try to talk to him and i cant get him to go away he is still there today.
Back to top Go down
mjack360

mjack360

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03 2009, 19:21

yeah im having the same problem. i have multiple characters what still show up when i log out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitch List   Glitch List - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glitch List
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2