Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Far East Server

Go down 
+12
fossil101
TimelessShadow
Nuli
werehound
Knoxal
GammaGm
GPharaoh
DarkSky
Zog2
pugz
tomcat
Sarah the DM
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26 2009, 22:08

Gramma and I both used the Bucket o' Healing and it didn't heal all the way so we sold it...

Again thank you for your hard work and many hours your putting into KT for us.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27 2009, 07:25

OK kool, I have seen an issue ... when greater planer binding advocate dies she drops a creature skin (elder beholder bite)...

also I notice a few things, when I play my barbarian -when my bonus hp's are gone my rage ends ( pale ) Also w/ barbarian rage when I use resoration pot it removes my rage...
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27 2009, 11:32

I have the same problem with my barbarian. But I don't have that problem with the Greater Plainar Blinding.

I did see two bites, one under the Green Imp in Misty's and the other in Halls of Mirrors under the Beholder.

We know this will take time and we all understand and your doing a good job.

Thank you and God Bless you Like a Star @ heaven

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27 2009, 13:56

Question if I may, will we have to remake our Staff's after reset?

And the Crypt Keeper in D2 isn't giving xp, don't know if that's part of set up or not.

Are you going to be adding the Henchmen back in the INN/Halls/Red Dragon?

Will misty be giving more scrolls at a time or is it going to be limited?

For bards the original off line game the bard have epic spells and auto spells and not in game, is that part of your scripting?

Last one... When your done with all the updates are you to make us start all over like on the other KT, like remove our items and replace with gold or just delete all characters, it would be best to be forwarned so we're not so upset when it happens, cause alot of hours are being put into this by us also.

Just some questions I have been ask.

Thank you for your time.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 00:19

Hello all!

Couple of things to note:

* Bucket of healing works fine for me so don't know if that was fixed but saw dark commented above.
* experience points are very low. Don't know if that was intentional or has been commented on before, but thought I would mention it. In d2 my lvl 7 character was getting 90-120 xp a kill. makes for some slow leveling.
* heals are killing me (literally sometimes....). I know you're working on it, but I have not found a mod yet that I liked that used the cure light/moderate/serious potion sets. They just do not cure enough hit points so I really am hoping you aren't sticking with those permanently.

Just my two cents.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 01:17

Just played a bit more and a couple more things:

* Monsters that have healing potions in there loot bag are all using them rather then dropping them. This was particularly annoying when Nasher decided to use the one that should have been in his loot. Every time a monster uses one it seems like it is a full heal too, not just the crappy healing players seem to get.
* Treasure is awful. I'm not sure if the loot scripting was changed but it is not good right now. Part of the fun of playing is finding stuff. Well in three hours today of playing I found a +2 dagger, a +2 bastard sword, a +2 morningstar, several scrolls (which are particularly useless to anyone but an arcane caster) and gold. I know you say Im just unlucky, but I have heard the same complaint from other people so I know it can't just be me. I think on the 5 or 6 characters I have on the Far East server I have found a total of maybe 4 set items. That's a couple of characters in the 40's, one in the 50's and two low level characters. It is very frustrating to almost never find anything and when you do find something it is completely useless (yeah another potion of intelligence...). I know you're working on the game still so I just wanted to mention.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 04:26

Thanks for the inputs. Yes, I'm messing around with a lot of the scripts, so weird things could be happening until I debug it all. I'm reading and acting on everything input here.

Nuli, please try the healing potions now that I updated server. I think you'll find them more respectable now, and the progression (light, moderate, serious, etc) should be reasonable.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 19:43

Thank you Sarah, the heals are working great, not scared to enter a dungeon now. Wink

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 31 2009, 02:03

* No idea what heals Dark is using because the potions of cure light and moderate at Aldo still stink. The lights heal around 10-15 damage a potion and the moderates around 20-30 which thanks to the fact that you never find any items that are worth anything at all leads to: 1) Use a potion to heal 10 damage 2) get attack of opportunity from creature (which automatically hits you since your items suck) causing more damage then potion healed 3) you end up lower in hit points then not having used the potion in the first place.
* You never find any healing potions from creatures since ALL of them are using them before they drop as loot
* how is that any creatures that spawn with energy types on weapons automatically cause additional on hit damage with the weapon? The average player cant get an on hit addition until say lvl 20 when they have a +4 weapon, but the creatures in d1+ up that spawn with energy weapons have additional on hit effects?
* str, con, dex, int, wis and cha potions no longer stack which I suppose is ok, but was very helpful with some of the tougher creatures in the lower areas. Is that on purpose?

Argggh...Im very frustrated.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 31 2009, 06:05

I'm not seeing the same problem with the healing potions. Perhaps it's because the higher level potions aren't available in the lower level dungeons? I think the max you can get before the Hall of Mirrors is a cure moderate. I will put the entire range of heals up for grabs.

As for on hit effects on monsters, that's a very good point. The chance is a random 5% per dungeon level, so only 10% of the monsters in D2 should have on hit effects (unless I placed some on them manually). I will definitely take another look at the coding for that, as both monsters and PCs should be toned down on magic.
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 31 2009, 23:42

Healing seems a bit better with the higher potions, thanks for adding them to Aldo

The Ogre mages in d3 are not casting any spells.

Creatures are still using potions.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
nafod2006

PostSubject: Henchmen issues   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2009, 16:43

Some problems with Henchmen:
1) Certainly the low level (1-5) (not checked higher level), when you ask them to use their bows, they agree. In combat the message comes up that they are out of ammo
2) I can't heal my henchmen. I select the option "use elixir of healing" and am informed I have none. Can you make them more available, or default to using the cure potions?
3) Where are the henchmen in the hall of mirrors?

Otherwise having fun starting from scratch!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04 2009, 06:04

In 1.69, you can give a henchman ANY potion, not just a healing one. Simple drag a potion or stack of potions onto the henchman's picture. If you drag a stack, don't worry. They only drink one. I'll be removing the healing option from all of the henchmen dialogs.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04 2009, 11:07

Of the henchmen from level 1 through 6, I found one that didn't have ammunition for their crossbow. That's corrected in the next update (this weekend). The henchmen in the Hall of Mirrors are banished from the realm. I'll be adding henchmen to draw from later, but I'm getting away from the concept of unique henchmen like Ziggy. You might be able to hire Ziggy in the future, but it will be handled like the henchmen in the Templar Outpost. If you hire a Ziggy-style archer, someone else will also be able to hire him. The module will give the Ziggy archers different names as players hire them out (maybe all with first name Ziggy and different last names?).
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04 2009, 11:10

I'm presently working on creature AI scripting. I'd like to make it more efficient, as Bioware uses an amazing amount of repetitive function calls, even using function wrappers to nest old functions inside new functions that perform the same task under a new name! I can hopefully improve server performance by putting the smaller functions inline and deleting all the extra coding we don't need. It will also give me the opportunity later on to make custom creature AI, so that maybe the battles won't always be the same.
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2009, 17:59

I like what your doing, Thanx tons for the crafting...

I was wanting to bring up an idea.
Is not the rest area places held by the NPC's. If they 'hold back the darkness' is evil the darkness they speak of.?
Also with the powerfull mages and clerics of the realm...
Couldn't they ward of evil...? (alignment would mater)
Give alternet start points for evil PC's inside dungeons to there respective lvl..
Also allowing them to enter civilized areas Only with a succesful persuade check...and maybe even a save vs warding Sleep

Don't think that I want to start trouble but that would make more sense roll playing wise...

Also I want to make a request , A new library one that gives out alignment book on a timer...it is very hard to change alingment and sometime i just want to experiment with staring builds, like mixing a bard w/ a Paladin, But there is no room for that flexiblity, in shifing ones alignment...

Thats all for now God bless bye
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2009, 06:17

NWN is somewhat problematic about starting points based on alignment. The module only allows one start point for all players. That means all evil or good would have to start at the same spot. I could then make doors that they could use to go to their respective areas, but that's a hassle I'd prefer to avoid.

I am working on more plot coding to give opportunities to change alignments. If you have ideas for specific plots, please feel free to send them. The more specific, the better they are. Example:

LOST DOLL
Step 0: Hasn't started plot.
Step 1: Talked to girl. Accepted job to find doll. Doll not yet found.
Step 2: Doll found.
Step 3: Doll returned (reward XP).
Step 4: Doll destroyed (align shift).
Step 5: Talked to girl but job declined.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2009, 06:20

Knights Templar seems to be going down a lot lately, but the Japan server is running solid. Please help me pass the word. I cannot guarantee Knights Templar USA will be running for long due to problems out of my control. However, I regularly monitor and update KT II.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far East Server
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4