Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Far East Server

Go down 
+3
Losstarot
DarkSky
Sarah the DM
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarah the DM

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 21:07

Let me know if anyone still wants to try Knights Templar again.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17 2016, 13:47

I would love that and a few more would also... Everyone who logs on ask if your going to put it back up... Please do.

Thank you!
DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Losstarot

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2016, 14:42

Yes, please put Knights Templar back up! I know a few others want to play it as well!
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 13:04

Are you going to be putting up KT soon?
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 23:07

G'day Sarah

Knoxal and I still haven't managed to beat Dread Pirate Roberts, Rainbow & Vile King -- or managed to both get past the Bat Out Of Hells & L'il Moppets that follow Fallen Angel.

Would be great if both servers could be up -- but am also looking forward to playing on Knights Templar again.

Your choice really -- but either way it would be good if our DX2 chars are backed up ... to give us more of a running start next time around.
Back to top Go down
werehound

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 22:04

I understand Sarah's hesitation, but I want to reiterate my offer to host anything.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 10:31

OK -- we're done with DX2 now.

I pushed a red button after killing Zero Wing Grand Master and lost *everything* Sad

Am kinda done here now until Knight's Templar is back up
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 10:56

Man... sorry to hear that. Sad

I remember that red button, had that happen to me also back in the day.

Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 11:02

Far East Server Dungeo14
Far East Server Dungeo15
Far East Server Dungeo16
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 11:07

That's just mean -- that char is useless now.
Anyone who gets to that area is going to be very well geared -- and to lose it all is ....

On any other server I'd just log and never return
Back to top Go down
Losstarot

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 14:40

Did the same thing years ago too with my crimson monk with almost every piece of rusty gear on him lol. Sucks royally and made me almost want to quit entirely but RedDragon90 helped me get geared back up.

Either way, KT time Very Happy  Really itching to play!
Back to top Go down
werehound

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 20:19

[quote="Zog2"]OK -- we're done with DX2 now.

I pushed a red button after killing Zero Wing Grand Master and lost *everything* :(

Am kinda done here now until Knight's Templar is back up[/quote]That is disgustingly mean.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2016, 16:15

I'll keep playing DX2, I can wait until Sarah feels like putting KT up. Will be happy when it's here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23 2016, 11:06

I'm sorry you pressed the red button. I had completely forgotten about that. As I recall, it warns you not to press the red button. It's a pretty serious deal, but then again, that is one of the elite areas. I think there's also something that kills every player online. Actually, I think the red button has a random effect, and losing all your inventory is probably the very worst outcome.

I plan on loading up KT on May 15. I need to buy a new router first--this one is acting weird (intermittent lost connections). DX is a bit of a wild, wild west as far as modules go. It doesn't have nearly as many safeguards as KT, but then again, DX can be very fun. I still remember how the Head Knight of Ni would sometimes get out of his cave and chase newbies around D5:Giants until higher level players went in to do a rescue. I also remember how DX items were so strong that players could reach a point where they were basically invulnerable to other players.

I will keep all the characters during the change to KT. I still have the KT server folder with characters from when I took it down. It won't be a brand new start (unless something goes wrong). I also need to do some server maintenance as the Linux system has unrecoverable errors.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23 2016, 11:07

Bottom line: DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON!
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23 2016, 16:42

That would be nice, take your time cause we want the best, as we all know you will deliver the best. cheers

See you all soon.

Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27 2016, 01:47

Looking forward to KT coming online.

Losing everything wouldn't have been so bad "back in the day" when I used to play more frequently.
I had several higher level toons back then.
Now it's taken away most of the best stuff that I had gathered since DX2 came on.

Full Pally set -- incl. Epics sword, helm, armour & ring
Rusty set pieces: sword, bracers, amulet.
Full bard set -- incl. Greater helm.
Some other great set pieces (David's belt, fighter gloves, 2 rings of Skill)
Rings with epic gems applied for immunities
Most of my "real" gems were on that char too -- to get to elite bosses through gem portals
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27 2016, 01:50

...but ...

I'll be playing NWN again tonight with Knox.
Might be on DX2 .. might be on Dor Maeglin .. might be elsewhere

Am sure I'll get over it -- and be back.

Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27 2016, 02:00

And yes -- there is a warning that bad things might happen if you push that button.

There are also other warnings around the DX2 world when stepping into portals to dangerous areas.

I'd not seen that button before -- I could probably handle dangerous areas -- might even die there -- be petrified until next server reboot or something.

Gotta try things when it's the first time you see them!

Kinda reminds me of that sphere of annihilation portal/mirror thing that was in one of the old D&D modules
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28 2016, 18:10

That was definitely a hard loss, but I understand the desire to want to push it. It does say not to. People just can't help themselves, but I remember thinking at the time that sometimes warnings have valid reasons. The button that must not be pushed is also a recurring theme in movies and games. Fallout 4 has the cult that promises eternal happiness if you agree to give up all your items, and as I understand it, they'll take everything, too. Had you stripped your most precious items off before pushing the button, would it have left them? I think so. I think it only stripped everything in inventory.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 15:46

Well, counting down for the day Knights Templar returns, I can't wait. 0 more days!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeSun May 15 2016, 15:22

Is KT coming back today? I'm been watching. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2016, 09:12

Reloading KT today.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2016, 12:41

I love it... Very Happy

Is the IP address the same on KT as DX2?

Last edited by DarkSky on Tue May 17 2016, 12:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
squirrel323

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2016, 19:55

Waiting patiently for it to be loaded up Very Happy
Let us know when things happen Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Far East Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far East Server
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next