Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Invisible Monster bug

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zog2

Zog2

Invisible Monster bug Empty
PostSubject: Invisible Monster bug   Invisible Monster bug Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2008, 03:04

I see in the Journal that an "invisible monster" thing may be fixed.

I can think of 2 situations where monsters seem invisible when they should not:

1. where NWN glitches and a monster doesn't render on the screen. If you press <Tab> you can see the floating text above the monster, but you can't target it with your cursor. If you're a melee char, you need to drag the monster next to another and kill that other monster first before your auto attack starts to attack the invisible monster. You can also start to attack these glitched untargettable monsters if you have an AoE attack like Whirlwind Attack

2. where you go through an area affected by "Darkness" while you have a true seeing spell active, much later, and after your true seeing wears off, all monsters/characters/NPCs seem to be invisible until you re-log (you can cast True Seeing again, but when it wears off again or is dispelled everything becomes invisible to you again)

Is it one of these problems that may be fixed?
The first glitch has happened to me since this Journal entry appeared
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Monster bug   Invisible Monster bug Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2008, 08:29

I was seeing (ha!) a lot of invisible creatures earlier. As you wrote, they show up with tab, but can't be directly targeted. My recent change seems to have cleared up most, but not all, of the problem. I think it has something to do with sending commands to the monster too quickly after it is created. I will continue to experiment, but it does seem much better now.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Monster bug   Invisible Monster bug Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2008, 20:32

OK
Not sure about that, as when there are 2 chars in a party, often the bugged invis monster is only invisible to one of the players.
Sometimes you can see the offending critter for a moment before it goes invis (just as it spawns maybe?) -- often when your field of view is rotating or you're running around a corner or something.
Hard to test as it is another intermittent problem.
It doesn't just happen on KT -- have seen this on other servers too
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Monster bug   Invisible Monster bug Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2008, 09:35

I think it's a lot better than it was. I only see an occasional invisible monster now. It used to affect goblins a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Monster bug   Invisible Monster bug Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invisible Monster bug
Page 1 of 1