Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DungeonX2 items

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zog2

Zog2

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 00:52

I realise that DarkSky's hosted version of DungeonX2 is in an "as provided" state, but thought I'd ask as I can't recall from years ago whether this was always the case...

For the Old Order Crimson Monk gloves, are they supposed to improve with levels when I return and ask them to be upgraded (like the Old Order melee weapon)? or are they supposed to stay the same -- with (among other non-changing features) just +12AB, a couple of damage bonus types (2d4) and have no improvement as the monk levels up from 40 to 60?

Or (just having ideas here) do they depend on how many MONK level an Old Order monk has?
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: Re: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 11:08

Yes it depends on the Monk levels.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: Re: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 18:27

Aah -- ok -- might start to re-think a build for them Smile
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: Re: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 00:11

OK -- Have done a bit of levelling up (and re-levelling -- thanks for the re-leveller!) over the weekend.

Have found that:

1. Cannot join Old Order if your Intelligence score is <10.

2. The Crimson Gloves that you can pick up at Level 41 (including 20 monk levels) DO NOT get upgraded as you level up to 60. So the Gloves at Lvl 60 are the same as those at Lvl 41, for a base 20-level monk.

3. The Crimson Gloves that an Old Order monk gets if they have base 30-levels of monk are the same as those for a base-20 level monk, and they also do not change when you go back to the girl and ask her to "evaluate your standing" in the Order

This means to me that something is not working as intended.
The result is that an Old Order fist-fighter monk will be unable to land more than the occasional punch in the tougher dungeons, as the AB on the Crimson gloves never increases from +12. And when they DO connect, the damage is minimal, as it doesn't increase from 2d4 in each of a few damage types.

DarkSky -- I'm happy if you don't feel it's your place to try and change this.
And I'm not sure whether Sarah is actively bug-fixing anything on this mod.
So I'm just pointing these things out as a heads-up to anyone (else) who might think an Old Order fist fighter monk might be fun.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: Re: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 01:46

If I remember, the more Monk levels the better the Gloves, I was always told that the Gloves was supposed to be for pure OO Monks.. I also made a pure Monk and never had a problem with the gloves leveling up with my Monk, And for messing with those set, never. Lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: Re: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 01:58

Righto -- maybe I'll need to re-level again as a pure monk to test things out.
Shame really -- as a pure monk will definitely have a final AB of 4-5 lower than a well-built multi-class (unless there's a pair of gloves out there with on-hit cast Divine Power or something, lol!)
Will let you know if I find anything new Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DungeonX2 items Empty
PostSubject: Re: DungeonX2 items   DungeonX2 items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DungeonX2 items
Page 1 of 1