Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1337boy

1337boy

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09 2010, 16:31

Just a few bugs to report, nothing major.

First off: When I use Mighty Rage on my barbarian and then use Greater Rage, all the bonuses stack. However when I use them i the opposite order (greater rage --> mighty rage), none of the bonuses stack, leaving me with one less mighty rage per day. If this is one of those really easy to fix things, it would be cool if it worked both ways. If it will be a long ordeal, don't worry about it. It's not that big a problem.

Secondly: Something is wrong with Darla's Shapechange cloak thingy. When you choose any of the categories other than animal, it transforms your cloak into that type of animal without asking first. For example I chose to see the options for construct (#4 I think) and it automatically turned my cloak into a dog cloak (the 4th option in the animals menu). I takes the 900gp aswell, not that i care about 900gp, but if a lowbie were exploring that option and didnt realize what was happening, it could bankrupt him pretty fast.

Again not a huge deal, but just thought I'd put it up and bring it to your attention, Sarah. Thanks for all your work and keeping the module so awesome.

See you all online.

--Bishop
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11 2010, 08:18

Darla's a pretty complex conversation script. I'm not surprised it still has issues. As for the rage, mighty and normal rage are supposed to work the same. They both use the same exact script, but the script increases the results if the barbarian has mighty rage. Essentially, "normal" rage should do the exact same thing as "mighty" rage for a barbarian that has the mighty rage feat.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11 2010, 09:15

I found the problem with the rage effects. Normal rage and mighty rage no longer stack. Each one now counts as its own separate use.
Back to top Go down
1337boy

1337boy

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11 2010, 17:11

Does that mean that the "mighty rage" feat now just gives 3 more uses of rage per day? that seems a little underpowered doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11 2010, 23:37

Mighty rage gives more uses, but the effects are tied into a single script that handles all rages. The KT rage effect is MUCH more powerful than the original NWN versions, including Mighty Rage. Personally, I think three additional uses are worth it even if the Mighty Rage feat doesn't increase the overall power of the rage. You'll have to decide for yourself which is more powerful, 3 more rages or some other feat. I think it's appropriately powered compared to other feats. When I originally rewrote the rage script, Mighty Rage didn't seem like much of an improvement over the normal rage, and the KT rage effect (even at "normal" levels) is much more powerful than the NWN Mighty Rage effect. There's always a trade off, a balance so to speak, when I rework existing effects.
Back to top Go down
1337boy

1337boy

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12 2010, 12:04

I understand where you're coming from, and if that is your decision, I will gladly rework my character plans to fit the module. I am very grateful for all the work and time you put into this module. We are all here because of your ingenuity and hard work.

The only reason I was thinking it was underpowered was compared to the other "3 extra uses per day" feats (extra turning, extra smiting, extra stunning attacks, etc), which all have non-epic prerequisites. However, since rage is so modified in KT, 3 extra uses may be more powerful than other things, like you said.

Thank you for your work, your clarity, and your speed of response.

-Bishop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few bugs   A few bugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few bugs
Page 1 of 1