Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

sequencer robe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aztech63

sequencer  robe Empty
PostSubject: sequencer robe   sequencer  robe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 23:08

I think the Sequencer robe is bugged. My greater mummy and dragon have much more AC and AB when cast just as an epic spell as opposed to when casted using the sequnecer robe.

Any way to check this out and store the full epic spells? I think the Ac was like 40 and AB 35 for the dragon using the robe and the nomral spell it was something like 50 and 45. Not exactly sure of the normal values but they are significantly higher
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

sequencer  robe Empty
PostSubject: Re: sequencer robe   sequencer  robe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 00:23

The sequencer robe casts spells as an item. It does not duplicate the caster's ability, so it normally casts less effective versions of the spells. If it did store and cast the same as a high level caster, I would have to delete them from the module entirely or significantly change them. I have already contemplated erasing all the stored spells whenever the robe is removed. In other words, it's only storing for the person who is wearing. What I don't like is the idea of someone carting around 50 spell sequencer robes in order collect spells. That is way beyond the original intent. BTW, if I did make it so the spells are erased when the robe is removed (which makes sense to me), I'd probably let it store at the full power of the caster. As it is, it's just recording the fact that a particular spell is stored and then recalculates the power of the spell (when it's used) based on the item. I believe all items cast at a default level.
Back to top Go down
Nuli

sequencer  robe Empty
PostSubject: Re: sequencer robe   sequencer  robe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2008, 20:37

Ugh sequencer robes..I just think they should be usable only by primary casters (bards, clerics, druids, wizards, sorcerers)..I hate seeing fighters, rangers, etc walking around with dragons and mummies their buddies conjured for them into a robe.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

sequencer  robe Empty
PostSubject: Re: sequencer robe   sequencer  robe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2008, 00:23

I agree with you, Nuli. The easy way to fix that is to have the robe only keep its stored spells so long as it's worn. If the casting mage takes it off, then the spells vanish.
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

sequencer  robe Empty
PostSubject: Re: sequencer robe   sequencer  robe Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2008, 09:59

I do agree that fighters with epic spells is annoying, but the sequencer robes themselves are a great idea.

To force mages to wear them to keep their spell stored would mean having to improve the AC of the robes considerably to make them worthwhile in a fight.

Would it be possible to take into account the wearers spellcraft skill instead?
for example, cantrips - lvl 2 spells = no spellcraft skill needed. Lvl 3 - 5 = 15 skill points needed... etc etc

so if a fighter wanted an epic summon then then would need to max out spellcraft and maybe skill focus in it as well? You may get some that would nerf their build enough to accomodate getting epic spells, but not many. but you would leave the robes open for lower level buffing spells that I assume you made them for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sequencer  robe Empty
PostSubject: Re: sequencer robe   sequencer  robe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sequencer robe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Ask the DM (Questions and Bug Reports) :: Items-
Jump to: