Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two bugs found

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterofTactics

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2010, 19:16

Hello, while playing I have found two bugs that are really annoying me. First off the Basalisk helm has the wrong spell immunity on it. Stone to Flesh instead of Flesh to Stone. Therefore Medusa still affects you with petrification, and the UMD counting to level requirements doesn't work. Each time I use the item it says UMD check (16) etc or such failed even when I have 22 UMD. Thanks and I hope these are fixed soon as they are really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2010, 22:12

The UMD check is based on rogue levels not just skill levels. If you are not a pure rogue you take penalties to your UMD check so that the skill is not abused by players who do not play pure rogues or players that try to take only 1 level of rogue at level 40.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2010, 22:47

Good find on the helmet! It will be fixed in the next update.

I understand the confusion on the UMD check. Yes, your UMD skill points are adjusted downward for non-rogue levels. The non-rogue levels count for 1/2. As Warchief mentioned, this is to prevent people from taking a level or two of rogue to get the UMD benefit. If you want to use UMD, I highly recommend you concentrate on actually being a rogue. You aren't required to be a pure rogue, but that will produce the strongest rogue benefits.

I went ahead and removed the UMD required value from the UMD check. In the future, it will only tell you if you fail or pass the check. Here's some additional information so that you'll achieve maximum UMD:

UMD skill points used for rogue levels count at full value.
UMD points for non-rogue levels count at 1/2 value.
Extended levels (past 40) are split between your classes (a level 20/20 rogue/fighter would effectively be a 30/30 rogue/fighter at extended level 60).
You earn UMD points automatically for levels past 40, but the points are distributed based on your class mix.
UMD skill focus and epic UMD skill focus count but do not stack.
Items with class, race, or alignment limitations (that the rogue does not have) require higher UMD scores.
A pure rogue (no other classes) gets an automatic 20% UMD bonus.

All of these factors govern the UMD script, so now you know how to achieve maximum UMD.

Last edited by Sarah the DM on Thu Apr 01 2010, 23:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MasterofTactics

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2010, 22:50

Then, that should be added into recent changes, so that players know and aren't confused as to why it isn't working. Also, it would be useful if potions of death ward were added so Dungeon 5 wasn't such a slaughter house with the beholders.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2010, 09:30

I'm not sure what you want me to include in the next update? I could possibly have the Janitor's Guild leader explain how to achieve a high UMD, but I'm not keen on the whole idea of making a module a matter of mathematics. Sure, you and I know it all comes down to math, but it's supposed to be an adventure with role playing. Characters wouldn't know all the specific details of a particular test. They would attempt something and learn how to increase their chances by trial and error. Older players can probably attest that I don't usually give such exacting specifics as my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2010, 09:38

In regards to Death Ward, I play Dungeon 5 a lot myself and very rarely die from beholders. I don't typically use Death Ward. Keep in mind that Dungeon 5 is designed to be a challenge for players levels 21-25. I see a lot of people try to rush through at lower levels than that. There's no limit to how fast you can run through the dungeons, but if you're taking a level 15 character into Dungeon 5, you will likely have a lot of problems.

Each dungeon is designed for 5 player levels. You are typically supposed to get through Dungeon 5 at about level 25/26. At level 25, your base saving throws, bonuses from items, and ability modifiers (increased by potions) should make Dungeon 5 and the Medusa beatable. Plus, you can always evade the beholders or hire a minotaur (beholder immune) to fight them.

Of course, you could also find an item with Death Ward, party with a mage, or just ask a mage to cast Death Ward on you as a favor.

There are many, many ways to beat the dungeons and advance.
Back to top Go down
MasterofTactics

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2010, 18:08

Then if it's supposed to be an "Action RP" Not including all the religious items and such would be appreciated. Just because the maker feels a way about religion doesn't give them the right to force it upon others who just want to have fun. This is not a bash it's mainly to just point out not everyone feels the same way. Though, if D&D Gods were added in that context and such I would have no problem.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03 2010, 05:29

Your last post was way off-topic concerning the two bugs mentioned. Suffice it to say that I'm not forcing anything on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Rom

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2010, 09:57

"UMD skill points used for rogue levels count at full value.
Extended levels (past 40) are split between your classes (a level 20/20 rogue/fighter would effectively be a 30/30 rogue/fighter at extended level 60).
You earn UMD points automatically for levels past 40, but the points are distributed based on your class mix.
UMD skill focus and epic UMD skill focus count but do not stack.
Items with class, race, or alignment limitations (that the rogue does not have) require higher UMD scores.
A pure rogue (no other classes) gets an automatic 20% UMD bonus."

This is a clever way to structure UMD. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the information on the Information Dest in the Golden Griffin Inn?
Back to top Go down
SevenWitches

SevenWitches

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2010, 02:44

Rom wrote:
"UMD skill points used for rogue levels count at full value.

I'm not sure but seems to be the bards have a problem with UMD ... Bard have UMD as a native skill like Rogues ... but I have a lvl 11 Bard with 14 UMD base + 4 CHA mod base = 18 UMD and can't equip a lvl 12 ring ... I used to up the CHA mod to +5 = 19 UMD and then can use the lvl 12 ring but can't use a lvl 13 ring

The I use the formula like "non-rogue":
14 UMD / 2 = 7 + 4 CHA mod = 11 < 12 --> Can't equip the ring
14 UMD / 2 = 7 + 5 CHA mod = 12 >= 12 --> can equip the ring

I can say more about the implications of thinking on the meaning of the name: "use magic devices" with a class like Bard (can cast spell, have bardic knowledge feat, etc...) in comparison of a Rogue class but not want to do a role discussion now, just explain my opinion Very Happy

I think the formula need to contemplate the non-rogue classes that have UMD as native skill like Bard (I'm not sure if prestige classes Assassin and Harper Scout have it too like a native skill) as this:

Code:
full_UMD_levels = Rogue_levels+Bard_levels (+ .... other classes that have UMD as a native skill);

half_UMD_levels = (toon_level - full_UMD_levels);

I will be happy if Bard's levels and the others class with native UMD are incorporated to the UMD formula.

Thank you,

7witches!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2010, 20:42

Good point about bards. I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
SevenWitches

SevenWitches

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30 2010, 22:27

Thank you very much!

7witches!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two bugs found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two bugs found   Two bugs found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two bugs found
Page 1 of 1