Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A bug, actually 2 of them.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zak

A bug, actually 2 of them. Empty
PostSubject: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05 2010, 05:38

I am not sure is this the right category to post this to, but here goes. There seems to be two bugs I have noticed now while playing:

-A bug with the cloak system. I wanted to add a shape to my cloak and pressed one of the subcategories and it automatically stole my money and transferred me to one of those without even pressing anything. I had a screenshot but forgot to post it here <.<

-Then a bug with D15 demons. I've been trying to fight 3 different ones but all of them have the same thing - I have been waiting to attack them for a minute but nothing happens. I just simply can't hit em, and they follow me through the dungeon all the way to the boss Sad Its not fun when I cant even try to hit them.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05 2010, 07:00

Zak wrote:
-Then a bug with D15 demons. I've been trying to fight 3 different ones but all of them have the same thing - I have been waiting to attack them for a minute but nothing happens. I just simply can't hit em, and they follow me through the dungeon all the way to the boss Sad Its not fun when I cant even try to hit them.

This i figured out long time ago and told Sarah the reason for it.
That's what happens when you use 2h weapon + shield.
Simply put, because you are using cloak that allows you to use 2h wpn and shield (i.e. minotaur cloak)
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05 2010, 07:50

If you find out which specific cloak option failed, let me know.

As to the second issue, if you change shape to try and use a larger weapon and the combat system messes up, there's nothing I can do about it. Melee coding is hard coded into the game. You'll note that nearly all modifications to weapon damage involve spells or spell like effects. I don't think I can do anything about the demons. Were they attacking you when you couldn't target them?
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06 2010, 04:29

Chose to add a construct shape to my cloak, was automatically charged the gold and turned into a hag.

Zero Wing Droid option turned me into a Kama Chamelion. DId it a second time and it worked.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06 2010, 06:06

its true that happens. Best i can help with is tell you what i figured out. This happens each time you talk to her, choose what shape you want to add to your cloak and you click cancel. Second time you choose different shape, it automatically chooses shape for you. (From earlier shape you were looking at i think. Don't remember exactly because it's been a while i noticed that)

To avoid that just hit "esc" and talk to that NPC again instead of clicking cancel and choosing different shape because you wanted to look at different shape or didnt like the first one you chose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06 2010, 14:30

Aye, found you HAD to cancel the conversation, otherwise you'd be charged randomly for random shapes.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07 2010, 20:16

I'll take a look at it. As you no doubt know, the conversation coding to do these things is fairly complex. It's easy to miss something. When I try to fix the problem, I'll add an extra step to view the cost.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2010, 21:03

Tried to add a Persuade Bonus to my cloak (Holocaust Cloak) at Merchant Isle.

Took 7.2 million gold, said "Damage Resistance Added!" and turned me into a stag.

Nothing was added to my cloak.

This is getting slightly annoying. I'm starting to want my money back. This brings the total up to around 25 million now.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2010, 22:23

I need to rework that conversation to add a customer confirmation step, as in pay XXXX GP. I'll post in the journal when I get that done.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2010, 22:26

Alright, thanks for the confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bug, actually 2 of them.   A bug, actually 2 of them. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bug, actually 2 of them.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Comments & Suggestions :: Knights Templar mod-
Jump to: