Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KNIGHTS templar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zandelf

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2010, 11:37

How about reviveing knigths? I'd love to see them back, but don't give them anything which would be too much overpowered, like free hell trips, PIMP hands or crit and huge damage immunities. Just something which is similar to crimson gloves / crimson set.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2010, 13:19

Zandelf wrote:
How about reviveing knigths? I'd love to see them back, but don't give them anything which would be too much overpowered, like free hell trips, PIMP hands or crit and huge damage immunities. Just something which is similar to crimson gloves / crimson set.

I would like them back as well. The Templar's Weapon System was nice. As of replacing the templar's amulet, a ring or a cape would be better idea. Gives more playability.
The only immunities that would be fair would be:

min 14lvl class specified Templars(req 40lvl to join):
KD immunity,
Lvl/Ability Drain Immunity,
Fear immunity,
Freedom,
+6 Str, Cha, Wis, Dex,
30 +/- Positive Damage Resistnce.
(Some ability to unable their targets of Osha'ing out but doesn't immobilize them.

Pure Templars at 60lvl(i.e. 40lvl paladin):
+8 Str, Cha, Wis, Dex,
True Seeing,
+8Deflection AC bonus,(looses Dodge AC from tumble but makes it up with deflection AC)
10% Positive immunity,
10% Divine Immunity,

Guild only available for Lawful Good: Paladins, Clerics, Monks, CoT (why monks? in case someone would want to play kama monk because there's no such option when joining crimson order)

Guild standing depends on how many thiefs/murderers Templars have dealt with.(if there's a way to make it un-exploitable) That Goes with Templars ranking maybe?

You can join guild as long as you have at least 14levels in specified classes.(Gives more playability, everyone will be different) No PM, BG, Assassin,

Last edited by GPharaoh on Sun Feb 28 2010, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Zandelf

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2010, 15:30

That thief/murderer ranking would be stupid, becouse no one murders ppl or steals items. And it would be easily exploitable : you steal something, I kill you.. we keep doing that untill I got the best gear. Then I log thief and you start killing me.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2010, 16:12

yeah i know its easily exploitable;/ But thinking if there's any way to fix that.
I guess there's really no way to make it so that it wouldn't be exploitable so this one drops out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Sarah the DM

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2010, 23:13

The Knight Templars will be back in some form. It will be much weaker than before, since paladins already get plenty of benefits.
Back to top Go down
Zandelf

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2010, 13:47

Sarah the DM wrote:
The Knight Templars will be back in some form. It will be much weaker than before, since paladins already get plenty of benefits.
What kind of benefits, besides that über pally set? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2010, 19:45

If I told you, then it would spoil it. Suffice it to say paladins have their own advantages.
Back to top Go down
Zandelf

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02 2010, 09:53

Are the andvantages only for pure pallies?
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02 2010, 13:05

Most likely. CoT has its own advantages as a prestige class. CoT does not stack with paladin. I know some folks disagree with my philosophy on the core classes, but it is what it is. I don't like prestige classes and feel D&D has, in general, wandered too far from its very enjoyable roots. If someone wants to take a prestige class for the extra benefits, I'm not stopping them. However, I equalize the field by giving core classes extra, hidden bonuses.

Again, I know people disagree, but that's how I like it. Otherwise, you'd be foolish for not taking a prestige class in many cases. Why be a pure paladin if a CoT/Paladin dual class gets the CoT benefits on top of paladin benefits and my scripting adds CoT to paladin levels for Knight Templar standing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KNIGHTS templar Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS templar   KNIGHTS templar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KNIGHTS templar
Page 1 of 1