Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crimson Monks

Go down 
+3
DarkSky
Sarah the DM
mjack360
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mjack360

mjack360

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeWed May 27 2009, 06:39

Just need a little bit more information about how the Crimson order works. Ranking, items, etc.
anything will help.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 04:23

They give you the items for free when you join and add powers to them as you advance in levels. You gain XP for loot which is automatically converted when you kill something (with loot). You aren't allowed to keep or use any other items than what the order gives you.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2009, 23:06

Crimson monks are returning this week without the requirement to join a guild or sacrifice all loot. There will be a plot line where you can obtain a crimson robe (if you meet the requirements, of course). The robe cannot be transferred to anyone else, and it will update whenever you use one of the shrines distributed in the dungeons. This new monk won't have all the benefits of the old guild, but the robe will still be one of the most powerful items in the module.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 01:54

Very nice, I always like playing Monks, Thank you for adding something for them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 10:54

I wouldn't thank me until you see the changes. I can say this much, the monks won't have the loot restrictions of their ancestors. I'm mulling over a few quirks in the custom scripting for them. If you get offered the robe, take it, then stop at the shrines. That's a good place to start, but there will likely be more. I'd like to see some Crimson monks fighting on the Zero Wing home world before it's all over.
Back to top Go down
Koelenis

Koelenis

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: How to Join?   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2009, 15:50

I saw in the journal changes log that the crimson robe was put into the world, but I how do I get one? Most of the holy altars do nothing for my monk, at least one gives an AB buff.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2009, 20:38

The altars should work on everyone. I think you found a programming mistake on my part. However, the altars have nothing to do with getting the robes.
Back to top Go down
Zandelf

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2009, 08:42

How do you get the robe???
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2009, 09:15

Gosh, I appear to have forgotten.
Back to top Go down
pugz

pugz

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2009, 13:13

i think that is sarahs way of saying figure it out yourself.... just a translation for ya lol
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2009, 15:12

Funny! tongue
Back to top Go down
nafod2006

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24 2010, 06:37

Your Crimson Order level is determined by your character level and your wisdom. How does the wisdom bit work?

For example, do you just reach maximum Crimson Order level a bit faster if you have a high wisdom, or is it impossible to reach maximum Crimson Order level without a huge wisdom bonus? If so, how much wisdom do you need to hit maximum Crimson Order level and which boss do you need to kill?

I'm asking because I don't normally play monks, but everyone says that they do well in Hell. My other toons do ok between them in the D1-15, especially since Dark helped my cleric, but I'm getting slaughtered regularly in Hell (although on the plus side, I did get the Rusty bracers :-) ). So I thought I'd have a go with a monk, but I don't want to spend ages playing him to find I've nerfed the build.

I hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Year. Great to be back on the server again and thank you Sarah for all your hard work.

Yours,
The Knights of the Round Table
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crimson Monks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Monks   Crimson Monks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson Monks
Page 1 of 1