Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Palemaster class

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warchief

Warchief

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 00:54

I have created a few Palemasters and have found them to be a lot harder to play because of how expensive the "heal" potions are. Also the Palemaster is more vulenerable to being killed by Templars due to being vulnerable to healing powers. To make palemasters a little less wimpy I would suggest giving palemasters the same immunities as other undead like immune to mind effecting, death magic, level/ability drain, etc. Also another thing that may help is enhancing the Palemaster summon a little more since right now it is a mere zombie that doesnt really help much at all anyway. A good idea here is a summon based on lvl like it was with the palemaster class before the change except use undead that are already around on the site. An example here would be to use the skeletons, gouls, and zombies from d2 at low level(below lvl 10 palemaster) have the undead from d10 for palemaster lvl 11- 20 and undead from d12 for palemaster lvl 21 -30 and then at lvl 45 -50 have the palemaster start summoning undead from d14 like an evil dead at lvl 45 a dedite at lvl 50 a vampire at lvl 55 and an unholy fiend at lvl 60. For lengendary palemaster summons the character should be at least 20 lvls or pure palemaster so that you cant just take a few lvls of palemaster and get really powerful summons. Not sure about how good the idea is but it was just a thought.
Back to top Go down
werehound

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 01:05

I agree... I think the price for the "heal" potions is right, but they should be more available. I also think they should be automatically granted the all of the undead immunites, because right now the only immunity they are getting is crit/sneak immune, which is covered by staves later on, and they are receiving all of, and more than undead vulnerabilities. Right now, playing a palemaster is a waste of time, effort, and money. Crit immune is NOT worht all of the disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 18:01

I agree the pale master healing potions should be more plentiful.
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2009, 14:59

I got an idea of how to make them more plentiful. Since the Palemaster cannot use heal pots without harming him/herself, and you get a heal pot in almost every bag, you could have a check that if the character has palemaster in his or her build that the monsters drop death potions instead of heal potions.
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2009, 07:08

As I understand it the loot is determined as the creature spawns rather than on death (so it can be pp'd) so if creatures were spawned by another class of character then they would still drop heal pots. This could cause problems with parties, or if another player was in the same area as you. Or even, heaven forfend, if someone has run through the dungeon without killing anything.

What about having the potions merchants have a script that would exchange all heal potions for death potions free of charge? Critters still drop, you still collect, then you trade them for something useful.
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2009, 14:32

That sounds like an even better idea, I never thought of that. If heal pots could be exchanged for death pots tho then the prices of heal pots would have to go up or the prices of death pots go down. Reason being that if you can trade heal pots for death pots then you can just buy the cheaper heal pots and trade them for death pots.
Back to top Go down
GammaGm

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2009, 19:30

How about just create a merchant in some out of the way place that is consistent with the theme of that dungeon? A certain mummy in d10 comes to mind. Let him sell death pots or conversely exchange a max of 20 heal pots per reset or something?
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2009, 14:40

The merchant would have to be in lower dungeons aswell since palemasters need 20k to buy their pots which gets expensive at low level due to not being able to make as much gp as a player past d9. There are two ways that the potion trade could work without being exploited by buying cheaper potions and trading them. 1. Make both potions the same cost to buy and 2. have a cap on how potions you can trade per day. An example of number 2 would something like the midnight bazzar in d2 or around the templar outpost or in a new area that will trade 50 or less death pots for heal pots while the shop is open(shop only opens at midnight and stays open until hour 4 for example).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Palemaster class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palemaster class   Palemaster class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palemaster class
Page 1 of 1