Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First item suggestion

Go down 
+2
Nuli
Tek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tek

My First item suggestion Empty
PostSubject: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2009, 13:45

Hi all i have been playin for about a week now and absolutly love the mod ... im no where near lvl 60 BTU i have an idea for a very nice lvl 60 item

Item type: Ring
Item Name: Ring of the Templar Celestial
Limited Use: Good only
Level Restriction: 60

No special properties
10 charges/1 charge per use

on use calls forth 3 Celestial Beings from the heavens : Jophiel lvl40? or higher (possibly the first angel to appear in the bible, he drove adam and eve from the garden of eden supposedly, also one of the chiefs in the choir of Cherubim ... did i get that spelling correct?), Baliel lvl40? or higher ("An angel of the First Heaven... "who pulls the veil over Heaven during the day... & lifts it at night" to reveal the stars of the First Heaven."), Zaphkiel lvl40? (leader of the Thrones)

can summon them all as henchmen or as summons either work ... well there is my small attempt at a suggestion Smile

Tek (currently playing as Ned)
Login: WNxBioHazard
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 03:45

I like the idea. Don't know how feasible it is, but an interesting idea.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
Tek

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2009, 13:27

ITS ACTUALLY EASILY DONE ^_^ (oops caps) ill post the current script i created which is on a ring with unique power on use ...the only issue i have (since im not a real good scripter at all) is getting the summons/henchmen to spawn in at different locations ... instead they spawn right on top of each other

but yeah ill post the script if its really wanted or send it to whom ever does the mod work just send me a PM if you are interested

Tek
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 12:59

Hi... I like this idea also, would be cool to have a ring like this, mmmm

hee hee

DarkSky cheers
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 13:44

I like the idea of having a guardian angel summon or 3 in this case but I think there should be some minor changes. One of those changes would probably be to give the ring an elemental swarm like effect(as in the ring summons one creature when that one dies it summons the next one etc.) This will solve your all three creautres spawn in one place issue and not have the ring be overpowerd in the sense of having three uber summons to aid you at one time. Another thing would be instead of having chrages have it useable 1/day so or something like that so that you dont have to search for another ring everytime you use it up. Another idea is to have the angels different lvls for the elemental swarm effect sounds good. For example Jophiel could be lvl 40, Baliel could be lvl 50, and Zaphkiel could be lvl 60 and they can be summoned in that order. Last idea is that you could change the name slightly to Ring of the Celestial Templar to make it have a better ring to it(no pun intended). Just some thoughts to give you some more ideas on the ring, it sounds like an exellent idea and I hope that this ring will be created to add even more of a Christian feel to the site.

Keep up the good work with good ideas such as this.

Warchief
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2009, 08:35

Hows about this? Instead of summoning to attack (not very angelic) your guardian angel is summoned and firstly gives you a buff then hangs back, follows you around and tried to keep you alive by healing you, for example, in battle they are ignored by mobs, so can't be used as tanks, but all they do is cast healing spells or protection spells on you every round, when they run out of spells, they hang around and rez u once or twice if you die.
Back to top Go down
Tek

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2009, 10:55

that would be cool but dont forget angels do fight "Revelation 12:[7] Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
[8] but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.
[9] And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world -- he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2009, 12:51

I agree in christian mythology angels are very capable fighters. The war referred to in Revelation is a celestial war. Angel on Angel, they kind of had to fight in that one.

What I was getting at is people speak of feeling angelic presences in their lives as protective, how a guardian angel saved them. You hear soldiers who come out of war zones without a scratch saying that someone had been watching over them, but never how an angel appeared and took out a machine gun nest for them.

I just prefer to think of angels as protective, rather than aggressive.
Back to top Go down
GammaGm

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2009, 21:02

I sort of like the image of guardian angel. The greater sanctuary effect combined with heals that last for 5 rounds or so might be cool.

Please, no cheese images of women in dresses with wings. I think a fat half-orc pheontype with green skin and hooves....

Had you going.
Back to top Go down
Tek

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27 2009, 14:16

yeah honestly it is a good idea but i think there should be more to it than just that maybe build of the idea a bit more ... cuz i would say this item is not easy thing to get

and i think it should do more than just heal ya and G sanc ya ... honestly you can always heal your self so no big accomplishment there .. (dont mean to sound offensive if i do)

1 edit to my idea is maybe you have to complete a set to get the item that way its even more rare

and still havent heard word on if this item would be used so imma hold off on any further comments on it till i get a good idea for it all.... cya all in game ^_^ cheers!
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 09:39

Tek wrote:
you can always heal your self so no big accomplishment there .. (dont mean to sound offensive if i do)

Firstly, you don't sound offensive at all.

Secondly healing in the legendary levels is very important, especially as, in my opinion, surviving the game is less about building a good character and more about how many restoration potions you can afford.

When fights consist of your character going Hit, Hit, Heal, Hit, Hit, Heal for most fights then the prospect of having someone else along that handles the healing part for you is, IMO, a much better benefit that upping your damage output.

Others will probably disagree, but then there is always two schools of thought about this, more damage, shorter fight, greater risk vs less damage, longer fight, less risk. When the risk involves losing half your cash and paying out for another trip into hell I would prefer less of it.
Back to top Go down
Tek

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 12:52

not sure if its possible but why not apply both to the ring... so a player can choose which they woudl like to summon dmg output or healng output Very Happy on use a convo pops up and lets you select the type you want ^_^
that way if you know you are gunna hit an area you know healing is a massive + then there ya go ... and if your gunna hit a area you could just use a bit more firepower there ya go too ^_^
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 14:09

Since you were initially talking about having three summons why not have each of them have a different ability and have a convo appear to ask the play which summon they would prefer. One angel could be exellent in combat, another could be great at healing the player that summoned it and the other could be great at ranged combat(i.e. uses a bow, casts offensive spells etc.) This way the player can determine which power would be more beniftial and use it to his/her advantage.
Back to top Go down
Tek

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2009, 16:59

exactly! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First item suggestion   My First item suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First item suggestion
Page 1 of 1