A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Just doing my job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GammaGm

PostSubject: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 21:27

I was responding to a claim that someone was unfairly being grabby handed, and checked that same someone with wand. Their response? To attack. My response? They were dead before I could even stop the auto-attack. I had to use my one repentance.

Please review this and consider the murder script. Alternately, can I be restored?
[img][/img]

Can I possibly be restored? This is the sort of thing that makes knights reluctant to act the way we are supposed to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 21:31

Why was the dude grabby-handed anyway if he wasnt wanted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GammaGm

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 21:38

I dunno, that's what I was going to check out. I thought he was new and confused. Maybe he had picked up something, and didn't know what wand I was talking about when I told him to wand himself.

I warn people about being wanted for thievery and have paid peoples fines for them in the past.

As can be seen, I wanded him, then he attacked me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 21:44

So who handed him if he wasnt wanted? Can you find out who it was and get their story on here? Maybe even "Agamemnon's"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GammaGm

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 21:59

Agamemnon is welcome to respond. There had been some shouts asking Agamemnon to pick up loot and other requests such as to not run through. The thing I was trying to prevent (having a newer player quit) occurred. I feel bad enough as it is.

This thread is not about handing- can you please create a new one or go back to that old thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 22:11

GammaGm wrote:
Agamemnon is welcome to respond. There had been some shouts asking Agamemnon to pick up loot and other requests such as to not run through. The thing I was trying to prevent (having a newer player quit) occurred. I feel bad enough as it is.

This thread is not about handing- can you please create a new one or go back to that old thread?

Alright alright.... Just trying to figure out why what happened, happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 22:31

Always check the player that you are after before you use this unique power, that's the way we do things and I know you do, I have a question if I may. What are we suppose to do when we are being attack by someone that isn't wanted? Stand there and take it or recall out and then be called a bad knight. When we are attack we attack back. Lately we can't win for losing. I don't know what to do now. :*(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lifon

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sat Feb 14 2009, 23:27

Gam wasn't the one whom handed him,Meg was and I also believe it was due to leaving his loot all over the place.

As for the player attacking Gam, being relatively new myself when someone used the detection item on me and I glowed green my first thought was that the other player did something to me as well, so that may have been his reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sun Feb 15 2009, 07:19

I have an idea to identify first attackers. Monsters have a script that is called whenever they are attacked. Players do not, so I will have to trigger on something else. Nevertheless, I think I have a way of marking players who first attack other players. That should eliminate the risk of losing knighthood by responding when attacked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sun Feb 15 2009, 14:47

Thank you Sarah, this will make a lot of players happy.

I have a question if I may, how hard would it be to add a "Persistent Chest" this is getting very old when your trying to xfer and players come in and take things from you when your standing there using the chest? I know you have other things more important than this on your list to work out but this would be very valuable to the players.

If this is the wrong place to post this I am very sure I will be told. *smiles*

Good day!

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Sun Feb 15 2009, 23:13

I FIRST AM SORRY FOR CAPITALS MY BUTTON IS MISSING AND CANT TURN OFF.

NOBODY EVER TELL ME TO PICK UP LOOT I DID LEAVE 1 (ONE) BAG IN DUNGEON 2 AND WENT BACK TO GET IT. THIS HAPPEN IN DUNGEON 4 RIGHT AFTER (AS SOON AS I APPEARED IN) AND PERSON NAMED MENGALA CAST ON ME AND SAY SHE WONT LET ME GO. THIS MAD EME MAD, THEN SOMEONE ELSE COMES AND DOES THE SAME THING SO I GOT MAD THINK THEY ATTACK ME AND HE KILLED ME.

ALSO SOMEONE SAY BAD THINGS TO ME HERE HIS NAME WAS DEVILDUDE13:

I ALSO LIKE TO SAY THAT A MAN NAMED BIG D DEFENDER TOLD ME TO QUIT AND CALLED ME IGNORANT BECAUSE MY CAPITALS BUTTON IS BROKE SO I AM QUITTING MAYBE AND IT IS ALL HIS FAULT. IT ISNT MY FAULT I AM 11 AND HE WAS JUST MEAN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Mon Feb 16 2009, 00:34

Yo Big D was only kidding dude. Big D is on of the more kind hearted people on the site even tho he can joke around a lot. Devildude13 however is someone who appears to have major issues. Also if Meng thinks you have done something wrong you probably did or explain to her your side of the story and she will leave you be as Meng is also one of the more kind people on site. Most of the time when people say things that are mean on the shouts they are being sarcastic which means they dont really mean it. You should not leave this wonderful server just because of a few issues with you being new and people like Devildue13.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Mon Feb 16 2009, 00:49

It Doesn't matter who was at fault. You don't "hand of Justice" other players unless they are wanted. You have plenty of time to check players while they are in the outpost if you are going after that player. So no excuses like this one.

Last edited by GPharaoh on Mon Feb 16 2009, 03:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Mon Feb 16 2009, 02:16

I will definitely change the Templar "Hand of Justice" attack as soon I can. If it's used on someone who is not wanted, I'll penalize the Templar a couple alignment points and nullify the attack. Using the hand on someone who is not wanted isn't against server rules (it could be if it was used over and over to intentionally annoy someone), but it's definitely not a good thing to do.

As for the abusive player, this is exactly the kind of stuff I want to stop. He clearly was asked to stop but kept using private tells to abuse someone else. This is against server rules and is grounds for being banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Mon Feb 16 2009, 06:27

I love the responses in gammagm's chat window....
"grabby hand him ***before*** you check him"....
"timestop him ***first***"...

That'd piss anybody off, not just new players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lifon

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Tue Feb 17 2009, 03:26

I'll back up the others claims, regardless of what Agamennon says, he left numerous bags in D1 and D2... I rolled up a new character and saw a number of them myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GammaGm

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Tue Feb 17 2009, 19:40

I propose that if handing is not to be used to check folks, which sometimes is done to keep people from OSHA-ing out, then perhaps the effect of checking a player's guilty status needs to be more subtle.

I propose that checking with a wand has NO visible effects whatsoever. No raising arms, no pointing, no red glow, no green glow.

I think that a check should just scroll through everyone on the server, and display guilty status in chat window. Alternately, having several "WANTED" boards (particularly one in Templar Guild room) that would display wanted individuals that could be checked.

My thinking goes thus. As soon as you wand someone, they know why you are wanding them and thus are put on notice that they are being targeted. They then have advance warning that they are being hunted. Very easy then to elude capture by logging out, OSHA, etc. I have noticed a trend that some (not all) murderers will log the moment the server announces they have committed a crime.

On the topic of loot abandonment, I have a question. How hard would it be to script in that if you have three loot bags not claimed that NO MORE will drop for you till server reset? If they really don't want their loot, I say, don't let them have any. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Tue Feb 17 2009, 19:54

GammaGm wrote:
On the topic of loot abandonment, I have a question. How hard would it be to script in that if you have three loot bags not claimed that NO MORE will drop for you till server reset? If they really don't want their loot, I say, don't let them have any. santa
Why not just make ALL loot bags disappear after some period of time, let's say 40minutes. The same could be done with all the items left on the ground( make them disappear after 10minutes) and monsters disappear after 60minutes so that dungeons would not be full of monsters lagging server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Thu Feb 19 2009, 13:38

That would be good GPharaoh, I have even been on servers when you leave a dungeon it is cleaned, but then if someone dies they lose gold, but we can't always have eveything. Smile Anything to help with the lag problem.

Good day!

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   Thu Feb 19 2009, 13:54

Having spawns/loot bags get cleaned upon leaving an area sounds like a really good idea. Something that would be good to add is if you die in the area the script does not clean the area until after someone else has been through or until the owner of the loot bag returns to claim it. One issue I do see here is that when somone else goes through the area the player that got killed would lose his/her loot bag anyway. To solve that issue we will probably have to rely on players doing good deeds and letting the person who died in the area that they found their loot bag and sk them if the want it back. If the player says that they do want it then they would get an invite and either unity charm in to grab it or have the player who found the bag grab it and give it back to them when they get back to town. Just a thought.

Warchief
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just doing my job   

Back to top Go down

Just doing my job
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Comments & Suggestions :: Knights Templar mod-
Jump to: