Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grim Reaper's Set

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2009, 21:04

Well Since everyone is adding their set ideas here's one i thought of. It should be fun using this set;):

Grim Reaper's Set

Reaper's Hand (Scythe)
2d12 slashing
20 Positive
20 Magic
Enhancement Bonus +15
Keen

Black Robe
+8 AC Armor Midifier
On Hit: Unique Power lvl 15(magic)
Damage Reduction: Slashing Resists 30/-
+15 Regeneration
+8 strenght
+15 Taunt
Only Usable by: Neutral

Cloak of the Hades
7 AC Deflection Modifier
Use: Improved Invisibility(7) Unlimited Uses/Day
Immunity: Sneak Attack
+8 Constitution
+10 Regeneration

Flesh Boots
+8 AC Dodge Modifier
+35 Cold Resists
Haste
+10 Tumble

Ring of the Dead
+35 Sonic Resists
+35 Electric Resists
+10 concentration

Teeth Pendant
+7AC Natural Modifier
Mind Affecting Immunity
+35 Acid Resists
+10 Regeneration

Sharkskin Gloves
Damage Reduction: Bludgeoning Resists 35/-
+15 Taunt
Immunity Knockdown
Low Light Blue
Use: True Seeing Unlimited Uses/Day

Belt of The Dead
Damage Reduction: Piercing Resists 30/-
+10 Regeneration
Freedom
Use: Negative Energy Protection Unlimited Uses/Day

Set Bonus:
+20 AC Deflection Modifier
+8 Dexterity
+8 Wisdom
+4 Strenght
+4 Constitution
+15 Regeneration
+30 Magic Resists
Fire 50% Damage Immunity - Decrease

I wonder if there's a way to make it so that in order to gain set bonus you can't have equipped neither shield nor helm.

Last edited by GPharaoh on Mon Feb 09 2009, 23:14; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Nuli

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2009, 01:51

Interesting..only things I see are the on hit power on robe (I dont think Sarah likes on hit effects on robes and such as they can cause lag, did you mean for it to be on the wep?), did you really want the items to be used only by those who are true neutral or did you mean any axis of neutral (neutral evil, lawful neutral, etc) and the taunt bonuses (+30 may be a tad much). Otherwise very nice.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2009, 02:40

Nuli wrote:
Interesting..only things I see are the on hit power on robe (I dont think Sarah likes on hit effects on robes and such as they can cause lag, did you mean for it to be on the wep?), did you really want the items to be used only by those who are true neutral or did you mean any axis of neutral (neutral evil, lawful neutral, etc) and the taunt bonuses (+30 may be a tad much). Otherwise very nice.
on hit effect on armor does damage to the target that hits you. I put it on an armor because with this low AC he would get it would benefit having it.
Neutral on some items are so that if players would want to use some items with different sets wouldnt do so(like combining that robe with blessed set or having rusty set and the boots). Also so that players dont use this set to hunt other players, it would make it harder but still possible. Thats the only reason i gave it alignment restriction.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2009, 09:43

I have coding that specifically prevents on hit damage from working on armor or shields (or anything other than weapons). I discovered a flaw in Bioware's coding that caused weapon on hit damages to trigger twice if an encounter was using a shield, even if the shield itself didn't have on hit effects. It was causing the Drow (and other shield-carrying foes) to damage attackers every time the Drow was hit.
Back to top Go down
GammaGm

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2009, 20:22

On the up side, I like scythers-

Why not just plain evil? The item names seem to cry out for a pale master that would add the crit immunity and needed AC perks.

Seems over-powered to me, two exotic damage types on arguably the most damaging weapon in the game. Also, this set mimics many of the damage protections provided by the templar ammy.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 00:43

Well if on hit can't be on armors than just remove it, i would really like to see this set in game.
GammaGm wrote:
On the up side, I like scythers-

Why not just plain evil? The item names seem to cry out for a pale master that would add the crit immunity and needed AC perks.

Seems over-powered to me, two exotic damage types on arguably the most damaging weapon in the game. Also, this set mimics many of the damage protections provided by the templar ammy.
I explained a little why not evil in my last post. It is so that "we" don't see players pk'ing with this set, it is still possible by using books of hope.
How does it *mimic* templars ammy? Templars ammy has better and more immunities. Even so, pally and rusty sets are as well similar to it. It wouldn't be in a place to call them copies of templars ammy would it? That's because these sets were around earlier than the ammy.

Last edited by GPharaoh on Wed Feb 25 2009, 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nuli

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 03:08

I like the fact that you have to be neutral actually..the grim reaper doesnt really take sides Razz As to it duplicating the templar ammy..so what? There need to be some options for higher level sets and this seems fairly decent. Maybe damage could be changed from 20 pos and 20 magic to 2d12 negative (seems more appropriate then pos) and 20 magic vs Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil (punish the extreme alignment axis)..dunno, I like the set though.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
werehound

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 03:48

Yes. The ENITRE SET duplicates the effects of a single item.... point proven. Thanks GammaGm.

And two damage son a singel item isn't all that great at 20 Damage... Besides, Look at Rainbow.

Of the exotic damages, Positive, magical, And negative are the only ones that can be resisted/reduced. So 20 damage would be 0 every hit on many higher level monsters and players, unless done on a critical.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 04:21

werehound wrote:
Yes. The ENITRE SET duplicates the effects of a single item.... point proven. Thanks GammaGm.

And two damage son a singel item isn't all that great at 20 Damage... Besides, Look at Rainbow.

Of the exotic damages, Positive, magical, And negative are the only ones that can be resisted/reduced. So 20 damage would be 0 every hit on many higher level monsters and players, unless done on a critical.
thats fine... but how can you say it duplicates templars ammy when you can get all of the immunities from combining items. Its just another high lvl set.(i would personally think about removing all knockdown immunity items... this makes discipline useless and players not getting knockdown feats)
Yes that's true that it wouldnt do any dmg to other players with rusty/ pally set as they have positive/negative/magic resists. It would only dmg on critical. Excluding players that wear blessed set(has critical immunity and it should be removed) and templars ammy(same story here).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grim Reaper's Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grim Reaper's Set   Grim Reaper's Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grim Reaper's Set
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Comments & Suggestions :: Items-
Jump to: